Creating great outdoor spaces for your home may not be on the top of your priority list when building a home, but it should not be overlooked. Adding outdoor living spaces, creates a great atmosphere for your home. You will be happy that you added this into the building of your home when you realize how much time is spent outside of your actual house. Let’s take a look at some outdoor options that will not only add beauty to your home, but also functionality.
CREATING GREAT OUTDOOR SPACES FOR YOUR HOME
- An inviting outdoor living space can be easily achieved with a courtyard. Your home can wrap completely around the space or you can have a small pocket courtyard that offers natural light into your home. This will give you a private outdoor space to enjoy.
Let the Outdoors in
- Place windows in your home in specific areas to view the outdoors. A beautiful view out a window is better than any picture. By creating outdoor spaces that you love, you will find that you also enjoy them from inside your home.
- Having hardscapes and softscapes will balance the look of your outdoor space. Create areas such as rock seating, a fire pit, water feature, etc are a great way to make your outdoor living enjoyable. You will want to compliment these features with plants and flowers that soften the look.
Driveways and Entryways
- Driveways and entryways are necessities to a home, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be beautiful. You can make the path to your front door an enchanting walkway with landscaping and steps that double as seats. Your driveway can be accented with different types of stone work or greenery that makes your home inviting.
- You will want to make your exterior space functional and comfortable year-round. You can add plush, cozy furniture as well as big fans and lighting. Just because you are outside, doesn’t mean you can’t be comfortable. Add a fire pit for warmth and a fan to cool the area. Lighting will help you enjoy the area in the evening without feeling like you are siting in the dark. Add color with fun pillows or cushions on your outdoor furniture.
Leave Room in the Budget
- When building a new home, we so often forget about the outside of the home. Leave room in the budget for outdoor spaces. This makes your new home feel complete from the moment you arrive. Your outdoor spaces gives the best first impression of your home. You want it to be inviting and well-planned from the start.